Job Openings For Music Educators
The positions listed below are listed as received with the newest on top.
New Brunswick High School Marching Band
General Job Description
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize student learning; employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students including strategies to meet diverse student needs. The director and assistant director will be responsible for designing, teaching and executing the show for the marching season. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of marching band instruction including drill writing, drill teaching, music arranging, marching instruction/techniques and percussion instruction. Band camp will occur from 9-3 on August 22, 23, 26-30. Rehearsals will take place after school on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 2:30-6:00 beginning the 1st full day of school in September culminating at the end of the football season in November. Additional spring rehearsals may be necessary to prepare for community events. The band will be expected to perform a field show at all home football games, pep rallies, community events and away play-off games. Essential Functions
- Designs, writes and arranges shows appropriate to the instrumentation.
- Performs at all designated school and community events
- Prepares and rehearses students to perform a field show, as well as parade marching and pep activities
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student growth and progress in marching band activities, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Completes and creates all necessary paperwork including field trip forms, permission slips and transportation forms.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the marching band field by attending seminars, participating in professional organizations, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records in accordance with District Policies and Procedures.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current Marching Band education instructional methods and design as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of marching band
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding education and students, as well as relating to theater/drama.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- NJ Certification as a Teacher
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Marching Band Experience Required
- Knowledge of all aspects of Marching Band
According to NBEA negotiated contract.