Thomas A. Mosher
Fax: 732-367-7195 email@example.com
NEW JERSEY ALL STATE & REGION I, II & III HIGH SCHOOL SCALE & SOLO REQUIREMENTS
1. Scale requirements for all woodwinds and brass: all major scales 7 sharps through 7 flats and the C Major scale. Diatonic scales will be played in even octaves within the published range of the instrument found at: Band_Scales. Diatonic scales will be memorized and articulated as follows:
2. Chromatic scales will be played slurred in even sixteenth notes encompassing even octaves within the published range of the instrument found at: Band_Ranges note may be asked as a starting pitch.
3. A list of required solos may be found at: Band_Solos. YOU MUST USE THE EDITION LISTED UNDER PUBLISHER AS NO SUBSTITUTE SOLOS WILL BE PERMITTED. No cadenzas will be asked.
4. A list of PERCUSSION rudiments and requirements may be found at: Percussion_Requirements.
5. PIANO and HARP are now standard auditions for all regions. Students must audition and be accepted to a region ensemble to be eligible to audition for All State on piano or harp. A list of piano and harp requirements may be found at: PianoHarp. Piano scales will be played at quarter note = 120 bpm.