Thomas A. Mosher
Fax: 732-367-7195 email@example.com
MARCH 20, 2015
Registration for the 5th Annual NJ TI:ME Student Music Technology Expo is now open. This live event will showcase student creativity and feature hands-on workshops and demonstrations. Teachers are invited to bring students in grades 3-12, and to submit student composition for adjudication.
The Student Music Tech Expo will be held in two locations this year: at Rutgers University on Monday, May 18, and at Rowan University on May 21.
Visit https://sites.google.com/site/njtimeexpo/ for more information and registration.
NJMEA Will Be Hosting Free Monthly Webinars!
NJMEA will be hosting free monthly webinars! The first webinar will be available April 1 and the topic will be “Technology Integration in the Elementary Music Classroom,” given by Amy M. Burns. To see her bio, articles, students’ works, and more, please check out her website, http://www.amymburns.com
Here are FAQ about registering and accessing these webinars:
1. How do I register? Email Amy M. Burns, Early Childhood Music Chair of the NJMEA Board, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name, email address that you want her to use for communication, and your NAfME/NJMEA membership number.
2. What happens after I register? On April 1, Amy will send you a link where you can visit the webinar at any time during the month of April.
3. What happens when I visit the link? You will view the webinar.
4. Will I need to use specific software to view the webinar? Amy will send you specific instructions on how to view the webinar when the webinar is available for viewing.
5. What if I have problems viewing the webinar? Email Amy. It would be best to try and view the webinar before April 30.
6. How long is the webinar? It can last one to two hours.
7. Will I receive PD for watching the webinar? Yes, if you submit a summary of the webinar to Amy through her email address.
8. Can I watch the webinar on my time, like late at night or early in the morning? Yes! You do not have to join the webinar on a specific day and time. The webinar will be available for the month. After the month is over, the next webinar will be available to view.
9. What is the webinar for the month of May? It will be given by Lisa Wichman and it is her NJMEA session titled, “Keep Calm...And Teach Kindergarten Music.”
10. How do I register for Lisa’s webinar? Tempo Express will send an invite in mid to late April to register for that webinar.
11. Is it free to attend a webinar? Yes, it is free to NJMEA/NAfME members.
If you have questions, please contact Amy M. Burns at email@example.com.